Being in a swivel chair half day is not a good way to stay in shape, and many of us that have a desk job can do nothing about it. It was surveyed back in 2010 that 44% of office workers have put on body weight while at their current desk jobs.
Medicure Polyclinic doctors have come up with the top 10 ways that you can do to lose weight while working a desk job:
- Keep your appetite under control to avoid exceeding the maximum number of calories needed per day, which is 1600 calories.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your meals.
- Move more. If you stretch at your desk, climb your office’s stairs every hour, get up from the chair and walk for 2 minutes around your office, or just shake your leg or twirl your hair you’ll lose calories.
- When you’re stressed try to relax, because stress is extremely bad for your health and weight. Although when you’re stressed the high levels of adrenaline and CRH hormones in your body decrease your appetite, after the stress ends the cortisol will try to replenish your body (making you want to eat more). A problem is that the cortisol lasts more than adrenaline and CRH.
- Drink some cups of green tea while working. It contains ECGC a powerful fat burner which shouldn’t be missing from anyone’s fat-burning diet.
- Pack your own lunch instead of buying one. In this way you can know exactly the amount of calories you’re eating.
- If drink a lot of coffee while working you should take some calcium supplements. It is scientifically proven that calcium acts as a barrier for the fat cells making them store less fats.
- Drink a lot of water. It doesn’t matter if you’re at a desk. You still need to do it. In this way your appetite will decrease and you’ll lose weight.
- Get enough sleep before every workday, otherwise the next day you’ll feel angry, tired, and stressed.
- Have o positive attitude. If you think that you can’t lose weight you won’t surely do it (this is the Placebo Effect). So you need to never lose your hope. The results will appear sooner or later.